- This section shows charges that you’ll pay at the counter because of where you're picking your car up, who's driving, and where you go during your rental.
- This section doesn’t show other over-the-counter costs, such as charges for fuel, child seats or additional services. You’ll find details of other charges in other sections of these terms and conditions.
- You are responsible for any charges and fines, including tolls, congestion charges, speeding tickets and parking or traffic fines.
- After your rental
- If you’ve incurred any charges, such as speeding tickets or unpaid congestion charges, the car hire company will try to contact you when the authorities ask them who was driving. This could be months after your rental – and you’ll have to pay the company’s administration fee as well as the original charge.
- Please note: to help you compare different deals, we’ve standardised the names of these charges. The names that your car hire company uses might be slightly different.
If any of the following apply, the counter staff will charge you extra when you pick your car up – or when you drop it off:
- The car hire company will charge you if the car needs more than a reasonable amount of cleaning after your rental.
- Unfortunately, the car hire company won't tell us how much this charge is. The counter staff will confirm whether this charge applies to you.