Rentalcars.com Online Competitions: Standard Terms & Conditions
1. These terms & conditions (the ‘Standard Terms’), together with the terms & conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the "Competition Terms") are known as the "Rules". Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
2. The Rules apply to any competition (the "Competition") that is promoted on the website www.rentalcars.com (the ‘Website’) and by entering a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
3. Booking.com Transport Limited (hereinafter referred to as Rentalcars.com) reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of a Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of Rentalcars.com's reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of a Competition, will be posted on the Website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of a Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Rentalcars.com shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Rentalcars.com.
5. Entry is open to all Rentalcars.com customers except employees (and their families) of Rentalcars.com, its agents, any of its group companies, the supplier(s) of the prize(s), and any other companies associated with any Competition.
6. Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter a Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
7. By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Rentalcars.com reserves the right to verify any information contained in your entry and/or your eligibility to enter a Competition.
8. The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over and proof of identity and age may be required.
9. All entries must be made directly by the person entering a Competition and use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
10. In the event that a prize-winner is disqualified from a Competition, Rentalcars.com will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative prize-winner in the same manner as the original prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
11. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one entry per person is permitted. In the event that Rentalcars.com discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple entries, such person and any entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such entrant has already been selected as a prize-winner, an alternative prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
12. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
13. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted due to computer error in transit or any other reason.
14. The prizes are as stated and are not transferable to another individual. No cash or other alternatives will be offered.
15. The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms & conditions.
16. Rentalcars.com reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of Competitions and reject entries from entrants deemed not to be entering into the spirit of any Competition.
17. In the event of a prize being unavailable, Rentalcars.com reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and photograph and to the disclosure of their country of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Rentalcars.com relating to any post-winning publicity.
19. Unless stated otherwise, all postal entries (if such are allowed) must be made on the relevant coupon or form provided on the Rentalcars.com website.
20. Unless stated otherwise, the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
21. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or is (are) unable to comply with these terms & conditions, Rentalcars.com reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random. In the event that the promotion is being judged, Rentalcars.com reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judge(s).
22. Confirmation of the prize(s) will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
23. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize(s).
24. Where applicable, the decision of the judge(s) is final, based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
25. The supplier of the prize will be specified within the promotional material.
26. A list of winners will be made available to anyone writing to Rentalcars.com at Floors 2-4, 35 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN, United Kingdom no earlier than six weeks (unless otherwise stated) after the close of a Competition. Only the surname(s) and country(countries) of the winner(s) will be disclosed.
27. The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including a Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
28. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).