Affiliate partners registration
In order for you to sign up to Rentalcars Connect as an affiliate partner, you must first read and agree to our Affiliate Partner Agreement by clicking the Next button on this page. Once you have submitted your Sign Up request, we will email you a copy of this agreement for your records along with a summary of your full Sign Up request.
AFFILIATE PARTNER AGREEMENT
Thank you for your interest in signing up to the rentalcars.com Affiliate Partner Programme. By becoming an affiliate partner of rentalcars.com, the affiliate hereby agrees to and accepts the following terms and conditions:
- (A) The Supplier (rentalcars.com) carries on the business of car rentals.
- (B) The Affiliate (the Customer Website) wishes the Supplier to provide its car rental services to The Affiliate.
Terms and Conditions
1. Commencement and Duration:
The Services supplied under this agreement shall be provided by the Supplier to The Affiliate from the Commencement Date for a minimum period of 12 months.
2. Supplier Obligations:
The Supplier shall commit to providing the Services in accordance with the details listed in Schedule One.
3. Customer Obligations
3.1 The Affiliate shall:
- co-operate with the Supplier in all matters when it is reasonable to do so relating to the Services;
- provide all the Services in accordance with Schedule Two.
3.2 The Affiliate shall not use the services of any other supplier of car rental services during their partnership with rentalcars.com.
3.3 The Affiliate shall provide all necessary support during the partnership so that the Supplier can provide the Services in Schedule 1.
4. The Customer agrees that any promotion or marketing of the Customer Website, rentalcars.com or the Service that the Customer may undertake or conduct shall comply with the following provisions:
- Paid Search: the Customer shall not (directly or indirectly) purchase or use any term or keyword which is the same as or confusingly similar (including variations, misspellings and singular/plural forms) to:
- the term(s) but not limited to: TravelJigsaw, rentalcars, rentalcars.com, www.rentalcars.com, Booking.com, ActiveHotels.com, Agoda.com, Kayak.com Priceline.com (with whatever (country code) top-level domain) or
- any trademarks or trade name belonging to any of the car rental suppliers offered on rentalcars.com for example but not limited to Hertz, Avis, Alamo, Europcar, Budget, National, Dollar, Sixt and so on.
- any term or keyword which is the same or similar to the term(s) but not limited to: car hire, cheap car rental, cheap car hire, car hire uk, car hire spain, car hire usa, car hire france, car hire Italy, car hire Ireland, car hire Belfast, and so on.
- Search Engine Optimization ("SEO"): The Customer may not use any term which is the same as or confusingly similar to the TravelJigsaw Brands or the Third Party Brands in any activity intended to unfairly influence the results of any Third Party Platforms unless agreed otherwise by TravelJigsaw.
- The affiliate agrees to comply with Google webmaster quality guidelines and continually check for updates to remain within compliance. Partners found using techniques violating them will be given 30 days to rectify any known issues before we terminate our agreement. This includes using automatically generated content, participating in link schemes, cloaking, sneaky redirects, hidden text or links, doorway pages, scraped content and abusing rich text snippets. The full list of guidelines are available here.
- The Affiliate shall not make the Service (directly or indirectly) available through travel search sites or price comparison sites, unless agreed otherwise in writing by rentalcars.com.
- The Affiliate shall comply with any reasonable request from rentalcars.com to stop using any paid search term or SEO which is subject to a third party complaint.
- The Affiliate shall not present any content appearing on the Dedicated Website, or use techniques, which violate Google webmaster guidelines. This includes using automatically generated content, participating in link schemes, cloaking, sneaky redirects, hidden text or links, doorway pages, scraped content and abusing rich text snippets. The full list of guidelines which customers are expected to follow are available here.
6. If The Affiliate is using the rentalcars.com XML feed, The Affiliate agrees with the following conditions:
- pass through the IP address of the person doing the search in their XML requests.
- offer the rentalcars.com's Damage Excess Refund (DER) product as a pre-selected optional extra during the car rental booking process at all times, when available.
- pass through the full customer details including but not limited to postal address, email address and contact telephone number.
7. The Affiliate agrees to not communicate with any car rental supplier regarding any bookings or customer service for bookings made through the system.
8. Charges And Payment
The Supplier shall ensure that payment is made to The Affiliate in accordance with Schedule 3 of this agreement.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
9.1 The Supplier grants permission to The Affiliate to use the rentalcars.com name and logo so that The Affiliate may promote the Supplier's Services during the agreement.
9.2 The Affiliate grants permission to the Supplier to use The Affiliate's Intellectual Property Rights so as to allow the Supplier to provide the Services during the Term.
10.1 Either party may terminate this agreement without liability to the other immediately on giving notice to the other if:
- 10.1.1 the other party breaches any of the terms in this agreement and (if such a breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 30 days of that party being notified in writing of the breach; or
- 10.1.2 an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the other party, or circumstances arise which entitle a court of competent jurisdiction to make a winding-up order of the other party; or
- 10.1.3 the other party ceases, or threatens to cease, to trade.
10.2 The agreement may be terminated with 1 months written notice at any time by either party.
10.3 Both parties will keep confidential all technical or commercial know-how, including specifications, processes, initiatives and any confidential information concerning the business, services or products.
10.4 This clause 10 shall survive termination of this agreement, however arising.
11.1 If any clause (or part of a clause) of this agreement is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in force.
12. Governing Law And Jurisdiction
12.1 This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England.
13. Rentalcars.com shall not be responsible for loss of profits, business, anticipated savings, goods, contract, use, data, information. This includes any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
13.1 The Suppliers total liability in contract, tor (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or comtemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the particular aspect of the Services which is the subject of the claim.
14. Force Majeure
The Supplier shall have no liability to the Affiliate under this agreement if it is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations under this agreement by acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control.
- Provision of a car rental booking engine
- Provision of (dynamic) car rental banners
- Provision of confirmation widgets and banners
- Provision of the XML feed (further documentation will be needed for this. The Supplier will contact The Affiliate in this event)
- Any other agreed method
The Affiliates Services
Main car sections
a. The Affiliate will co-operate in the maintenance and correct functioning any car hire sections across the Affiliate portfolio during the whole duration of the contract. Any substantial changes to the current layout or way the customers have access to the car hire section will have to be agreed in advance with rentalcars.com.
In order to ensure the highest levels of conversion in the sites, the Affiliate will offer car rental services at all appropriate points of sale where possible:
- Via a car rental tab
- In the car rental page
- In the confirmation page of flight, hotel, etc through a car rental widget
- In the confirmation email of flight, hotel, etc through integrated banners
- Any other agreed method
rentalcars.com will pay a % gross car profit share on all completed car bookings. All payable local bookings (currently only applicable to US and Canada markets) will not qualify for commission earnings. The profit share for the rental amount of the booking will be paid to The Affiliate's bank account once the rentals have been completed (i.e. the rental period has passed and the rental car has been returned to the rental company) once the overall amount exceeds £50.00, €75.00 or $100. These are paid at the end of the following month. The Affiliate must provide accurate bank details before any integration is activated. Under these circumstances Rentalcars.com reserves the right not to pay these commission amounts.